ZSFG Primary Care Track: Program Overview
- Train excellent clinicians in the practice of evidence-based, patient-centered inpatient and outpatient medicine.
- Foster leaders in the care of patients in underserved settings.
- Participate in and learn from a multidisciplinary medical team.
- Recognize the socio-economic and political factors that produce disparities in health and advocate for impactful change in the practice of medicine.
- Participate in multiple subspecialty clinics to gain an understanding of what a general internist needs to master in core subspecialty topics.
- Work on a scholarly project and attend a national meeting.
- Participate and contribute to a longitudinal health equities curriculum.
- Participate in a longitudinal curriculum on health systems change and leadership and implement a clinic-based quality improvement project alongside clinic management.
Learn More About Our Program
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Learn about our commitment to diversity and anti-racism from the program to university level.
Explore our curriculum focused on evidence-based primary care and health equities including a sample schedule.
Get a feel for our program beyond the clinical curriculum.